NEW BC SOCCER RETURN TO PLAY UPDATE!
Posted on Dec 4, 2020
In accordance with the new order passed down from the Ministry of Health and ViaSport on December 2, 2020, as of now the Port Moody Soccer Club is required to comply with the following protocols:
- The Port Moody Soccer Club Adult (19+) program is suspended until the Provincial Health Order health order has been lifted.
- All youth (18 and under) sports may continue but only under the Phase 1 protocols that were in place at the beginning of the soccer season. This includes the following:
- Maintaining Physical Distance (3m) during training.
- No non-essential travel allowed
- No more than 50 people on field at a time (not including staff or volunteers)
- No spectators allowed
- No contact allowed (no games, no multiplayer activities).
The Port Moody Soccer Club will continue to offer ways in which to allow all our youth players to continue training in the safest and funnest way possible, but until further notice Cohorts are no longer valid and all teams must go to individual team training. PMSC Academy programs will continue to operate and will follow Phase 1 protocols.
BC Soccer is still working with ViaSport to see if there are ways in which we can open things up that make more sense for our sport, but for now we need to stick with the orders we have been given, so we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has created for our members. Once again, thank you all for your support and patience through this process, and we hope that we are all able to return to more open sport again in the near future.
If you’re interested, CLICK HERE to view the memo received from BC Soccer.