All soccer teams playing soccer on Port Moody Soccer fields will need to adhere to the PMSC RTP game protocols. Please ensure all team officials, players and guests of your team are aware of the following:
All Players, Team Officials, Referees & Guests:
- Any persons exhibiting any signs of Covid-19 will not be permitted on the field, and all attendees are expected to do a self-assessment prior to arrival to ensure they are not symptomatic of Covid-19.
- Note the different entrance & exit locations for each of our Port Moody fields – *see maps below.
- Attendees are not permitted to access the field any earlier than 15 minutes prior to the kick-off time of any U5-U12 game, or 30 minutes prior to the kick-off time of any U13-Adult game. The designated warm-up/arrival times are also noted on the PMSC website page under the game schedules tab.
- Individuals must physically distance a minimum of 2 meters between each other, unless they reside in the same household or are players playing on the field.
- Guests must remain on the opposite side of the field from the team, and stand 3 meters back from the sideline to allow room for the linesman.
- Spectators will need to move to accommodate a minimum 3 meter distance from players during a corner kick or kick-in, or any time a player comes off-field.
- We recommend guests wear a mask while watching the game, for the safety of others.
- Washrooms are not available at all fields, but will be open for use (and maintained by the City).
- All persons must cooperate with any direction or instructions given by City Staff or PMSC personnel while attending a PMSC game.
- All attendees must exit the field area within 5-10 minutes of the conclusion of the game to allow for the next teams to access the field for their pre-game warm-up.
Players & Team Officials:
- All players, team officials and referees must sanitize their hands before/after the game with their own provided hand sanitizer, and also re-sanitize their hands upon returning if they leave the field area.
- There are no pre-game handshakes, fist bumps, or other unnecessary personal contact.
- Food & beverage items (other than water bottles) are not permitted.
- All change rooms are closed.
- Each team is responsible for removing their own garbage and supplies from the field and using the proper waste receptacles.
- Any soccer balls that are touched by an individual, or that leave the field must be cleaned prior to returning to play.
- All fields will be set up by PMSC teams – visiting (non-PMSC) teams should not touch any nets, corner flags or cones.
- Some of our PMSC referees may not feel comfortable either using ‘parent’ linesmen, or sharing their linesman flags. Referees will discuss preference and game plan with team officials prior to the game.
Also, attached is a new document created by BC Soccer that helps to clarify the new 'Kick-In' rule - please review.