Registration opens at different times of the year for various programs offered through the Port Moody Soccer Club:
- Youth Fall/Winter Season – opens in March and deadline to register is June 15 * (deadline extended to June 30)
- Youth Spring Season – opens mid January and deadline to register is Feb 28 *
- Youth Spring Break Soccer Camps – opens mid January
- Youth Summer Camps – opens in March
* Note: Registration will stay open past the deadline dates if there is space available on teams.
How to Register:
To register simply go to the PMSC Power Up registration website. You will need to create a username and password to create your account, then simply fill in the set-up and registration pages to complete your registration. The information you enter into your account will be saved so that as you register for other programs or register other children in your family down the road you will not need to re-enter all information each time. Please ensure you keep your information up to date as this is our main resource should we need to contact you.
What does a registration ‘deadline’ mean?
In order to meet the deadlines for us to register teams to the League(s), ensure we have enough time to order uniforms and equipment, plus confirm coaches and create team rosters in a timely fashion, we need to set a registration ‘deadline’. At this point, we look at registration numbers per age and division and determine how many teams we will have at each age, gender and division, and subsequently determine team/player registration limits. Registration will remain ‘open’ after the deadline, but will be set to waitlist only unless there is room on a team. If enough players register to the waitlist and we can find a coach, we will try to create additional teams as possible. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU PLAYED ON A TEAM WITH PMSC LAST SEASON THAT YOUR SPOT WILL BE HELD FOR THE SPRING OR FOLLOWING FALL/WINTER SEASON. We do give team placement priority to returning PMSC players, but only to a certain date and only if there is room on a team at their assessed age/division level – otherwise registration is first-come, first-serve to be fair to all players wishing to play soccer.
While soccer continues to be one of the least expensive organized sports, we do recognize that some families may experience financial hardship. If financial hardship is keeping you from registering your child, please consider these financial assistance options or contact the Club Registrar:
- KIDSPORT: The KidSport Fund is administered by Sport BC and its mission is to overcome the financial obstacles that prevent some young people from playing sport "So All Kids Can Play". For more information on the KidSport Fund and instructions on how to apply, CLICK HERE .
- JUMPSTART: Canadian Tire offers assistance through their JumpStart program – to “ensure kids in need have equal access to sports and physical activity”. For more information on the JumpStart program and instructions on how to apply, CLICK HERE .
Please advise the Registrar if you are applying for financial assistance.
Registration Guidelines for Youth Programs:
- All new players to PMSC must provide Proof of Birthdate to complete their registration. Please email a copy (photo is fine) of a Birth Certificate, Passport, Citizenship Card or BC Services Card to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail PMSC - PO Box #119 - 255 Newport Dr., Port Moody, BC, V3H 5H1.
- Designated ‘development’ teams are for players who attended player evaluations and were selected to play for that team by the Club’s technical team. In the Fall/Winter season, players selected to play on a U8-U10 development, U11-U12 Div 1 or U13-U18 Metro team must register within 24 hours of being selected or that player’s spot will be forfeit and offered to another player. Development team registrations are not refundable. Players will need a special registration access code (received from your coach or coordinator) in order to register for a high-performance team.
- Our online registration system accepts payment by Visa or MasterCard – this is preferred. If you chose to pay by cheque, payment must be received within five (5) days of registration. If you will be applying to KidSport, a copy of your application or KidSport confirmation is due to the Registrar within one (1) week of registration. Please email email@example.com or mail PMSC - PO Box #119 - 255 Newport Dr., Port Moody, BC, V3H 5H1.
- If registration in your division is full, do not despair! We work hard to form teams and as additional coaches are identified we may be able to open more spaces in a particular division. As spaces become available players will be taken from the waitlist on a first-come first-served bases. Our Coordinators also work with other neighbouring clubs to find teams for unplaced players.
- Girls (U5-U12) may play for either a girls or boys team. At these age groups the Boys program play games on Saturdays and the Girls program play games on Sundays. If your daughter would like to play on a boys' team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration assistance.
- Per BC Soccer regulations, all players must play in their respective age group and the registration system will automatically do this based on the players’ year of birth. Any exceptions must be approved by the Club’s Technical Team and manually changed in the registration system by the Registrar – these exceptions include:
- If there are insufficient players of the correct age group to complete a team. In this instance, younger players will have to play in an older age group, regardless of the number of players in each age group.
- If a player has been identified as being significantly advanced in skill and maturity such that playing in a higher age group is necessary to their player development.
- If a player has an identified physical or mental disability and is best placed in a different age group – this requires additional approval from the BC Soccer Association and medical support.
Registration for Adult Teams
Male and female 18 years and older players playing on Port Moody Soccer Club’s adult league teams will need to register for soccer through either the Fraser Valley (Men’s) Soccer League website or the Metro Women’s Soccer League website.
- Fraser Valley (Men’s) Soccer League - http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/
- Metro Women’s Soccer League - https://mwsl.com/
Players will need to first be accepted to a team and then will register directly to that team via a password provided by the team.
If you are looking to register your soccer team with the men’s or women’s leagues, there are conditions that will need to be met and an application that will need to be submitted via the affiliated Club. If you have a team you would like affiliated with the Port Moody Soccer Club to be registered into an adult league, please contact our PMSC Adult Programs Rep – email@example.com.
If you are looking for a team to play on, please visit the Adult Programs page.