Referees of all classifications must comply with the BC Soccer regulations relating to referees and the code of ethics - BC Soccer Referee Rules and Regulations.
The above BC Soccer Referee Rules and Regultions comply with the Canadian Soccer Association’s “Regulations for the Registration and Control of Referees”.
Canadian Soccer Association policies and directives
BC Soccer Referee Program - Vision, Values and Competencies
All referees should share and work towards the BC Soccer's vision, values and competencies. Our shared aim is to use the power of soccer to build a better future. As referees:
- Our values should be responsive to the needs of soccer.
- We should be confident in our approach to show courage in our actions.
- We should be open to new ideas and be receptive of other views.
- Our work should be inclusive, encouraging everyone to enjoy and love our great game.
- Everyone must be accountable to those they work with and to soccer and the community at large.
- We should be passionate for the game and pass on this passion, encouraging others to develop a life-long love of the game.
- Our shared competencies are those of leadership, taking responsibility and showing direction.
- We should be able to communicate and influence those around us, taking ownership of the game.
- We should be innovative in our approach to this important role.
IFAB (International Football Association Board) Laws of the game
The current laws of the game and changes can be found on the IFAB web site HERE
IFAB now has a "Laws of the Game" Mobile app which is highly recommended - (search for IFAB in the Apple App Store or Google Play)
Here are a couple of important Links: